Awhile back, we had to move Matt out of his old apartment. While the guys were moving the big furniture, I was left with the task of cleaning (I definitely wanted that deposit back).
I discovered this near the front door:
Sorry for the terrible pictures. All I had on me at the time was my phone.
Matt had a Scentsy plugged into an outlet near the floor and someone must have knocked it over.
It was not pretty and it was deep into the carpet. I didn't know what to do since that would obviously show in the final walk through. So I plugged in my hair dryer and sat on the floor with a roll of paper towels. I figured the heat would melt the wax and the paper towels would soak it up. I applied direct heat to it on the hottest dryer setting. Then I'd move the dryer for a second and blot it up with a paper towel. (I tried holding the paper towel on the wax while I heated it up, but it got too hot on my hand.)
It took a while and quite a few paper towels, but it eventually came up.
Here's what it looked like at the end:
It left some red behind, but I think that's the dye in the wax rather than the wax itself. I think if I had more time and patience, I could have gotten more to come up, but for the most part, it looks pretty good. When I stood up, I couldn't even see the stain.
I have also heard that you can use an iron and it will do the same thing, but I don't know what the best way to do that would be. Has anyone done that? How did it turn out?