Friday, January 4, 2013

My New Years Party

Hey everyone,
I hope you all had a great Christmas and New Year.  Christmas was wonderful for us.  It iced a little so we stayed home most of the day, but we went to my grandparents' house in the evening (luckily they only live a mile from us, so it wasn't hard to get to).

For New Years, Matt and I decided to throw a party.  We had never had a real party in our new house, and we thought this would be the perfect time. I stressed over the food for about a week before the party.  It's really hard to know what kind of food to get and how much, so by the time I figured it out, here's what we ended up having:



It was a fairly simple spread with chips, veggies, and crackers.  I also had 4 different kinds of dip and several kinds of cheese.  Matt also made chili for the main meal with some venison our neighbor gave us for Christmas.

Because of the variety of dips, I decided to make tags for each of them.  I just used some scrapbook paper I already had and a straight cutter.  It was super easy, but I think I should have used a lighter color paper.

 
I think the party was a great success (for it being our first in the new house).  We played Balderdash all night and cheered at midnight.  It was low-key but I think everyone had a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment